This project is about cultural, social and environmental aspects of the cities we live in.
Working in the project, participants can choose any aspects of their city's life. We can share these aspects with our contemporaries around the world. Together we can think about activities which can make our lives and those of others living in our cities better.
- sharing stories about the cities
- making survey about advantages and disadvantages of living in the city
- making posters/ presentations / videos about the city, online excursions (cultural aspect)
- conducting research - what youth can do to improve their city life (social aspect) possible theme volunteer work
- participating in the action One Day for My City - April
- drawing /painting maps of a city/region
- preparing quizzes/contests “I know my native city!”
- collecting photos for a photo album “My native city”
- creating blogs/wiki pages/sites in order to share the information about native cities
- discussing video conferences “Similarities and Differences of our cities”
Presentations and video tour guides around the city, research and surveys about social life in the city, activities for the city like volunteer actions. Share stories about a native city, publishing story books and photo albums.
It is very important to think and to take care of the places where we live. Comparing different places students can learn more about our planet. Participating in any kind of volunteer work students can feel themselves an active part of the society.
Related Project SDGs:
9. Industry, Innovation, & Infrastructure
11. Sustainable Cities & Communities
15. Life On Land
17. Partnerships for Global Goals
Social Studies/ Art/ Language Arts/Reading/Writing